The Journal of the Greenwich Historical Society is published annually and sent free to every member.
To read the many articles featured in the Journal, please join us.
The Greenwich Historical Society began life as the Greenwich Antiquarian Society in 1905, merging with the Lewisham Society in 1919 to become the Greenwich and Lewisham Antiquarian Society. The present name was adopted in 1991.
The Society exists to stimulate research and interest in the history of Greenwich and its immediate neighbourhood. To this end a programme of illustrated talks is held during the winter months, and guided walks and visits are occasionally arranged during the summer. The Society publishes annually the Journal of the Greenwich Historical Society, which members receive free together with occasional newsletters.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the history of Greenwich.
Archive of the Society’s Transactions and Journals
Selected articles from the archive of the Greenwich Historical Society’s Transactions and Journals may be found below. For specific questions about our archive, please contact our Honorary Librarian, Julian Watson via the contact form here.