The Greenwich Historical Society began life as the Greenwich Antiquarian Society in 1905, merging with the Lewisham Society in 1919 to become the Greenwich and Lewisham Antiquarian Society. The present name was adopted in 1991.
The Society exists to stimulate research and interest in the history of Greenwich and its immediate neighbourhood. To this end a programme of illustrated talks is arranged and held during the spring, and again in the winter months; guided walks and visits may be occasionally arranged during the summer. The Society publishes annually the Journal of the Greenwich Historical Society which members receive free together with occasional newsletters.
Membership is open to all. Members and non-members alike can also follow our updates on the Greenwich Historical Society Facebook page.
Julian Bowsher FSA
Neil Rhind MBE FSA
SECRETARY AND MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY
Warwick Leadlay Gallery, 1-2 Nelson Arcade, Greenwich, London, SE10 9JB
EDITOR & LIBRARIAN
EDITORIAL CONSULTANT & WEBSITE OFFICER